Thursday, March 15, 2012

March Merch

Reduced!

For those of you already on my newsletter mailing list, it will not come as a surprise that this month I have reduced the prices on all my publications, including my poetry chapbook, photo book and  wall calendar. As a special thank you to my customers, I am adding free of charge with any purchase one of my desk calendars! I have great fondness for my own work, but I don't need quite so many copies keeping me company. Consider this a clearance sale of sorts. I have some new projects I'd like to begin this spring and I need both the mental and the physical space to work! Thanks to all who have already contributed to this effort!


Studies in Contrast

See the sidebar to purchase items using the BUY NOW buttons. Descriptions of my calendar can be found in my IMAGE SHOP by following the tab above. My photo book, whose genesis you can read about by clicking on the STUDIES IN CONTRAST tab, is still set to full preview via the Blurb site if you want a peek inside, but please purchase direct from me - my prices are a lot better and Blurb doesn't send free calendars!


 
Every Kind of Night Sky

Before I hang up my crochet hook for the season, I've produced one more scarf which is a tribute to the many moods and colors of the night sky from the moment the sunset ends to just before sunrise begins.  Perhaps this theme appeals to me because I too am in a "between" time of sorts.

A Closer Look

On a technical note that will surely strike a chord of sympathy with many of you out there, for some reason, I've been having problems lately capturing the colors of my recent works when I document them for online listings. This is especially vexing for a photographer! Possibly there is now too much natural light in my studio and my digital camera can't adjust - which really means I am not adept enough with my digital camera to adjust it myself! Maybe this is the real reason I prefer shooting black and white film! In any case, in the interest of accuracy, I am now including an offer with all my crocheted creations to send my potential buyers a small sample of the actual  fiber used in the product if there is any doubt about true color. Believe it or not, I have tried to snatch online images of certain yarns from the sites of the vendors who originally supplied them, and even they are sometimes far from accurate!  I'm always happy to accept returns or exchanges if it comes to that, but why not save everyone the trouble and get it right the first time?

True Colors

I'm working on a much more thoughtful and much less shamelessly self-promoting post for next week, so thanks for reading and see you then!

 Last Look at Dawn in Snow

15 comments:

  1. What has your cat intrigued? And was her tail lashing?
    How I sympathise with the need for more space, physically/mentally/emotionally.
    See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what the cat was so intently gazing at - her tail was quite at ease. Possibly she was mesmerized by the falling snow as we have had so little of it this year! More space - yes, it does seem that the state of my immediate environment affects my inner condition a lot more than I'd like it to! Clutter outside = clutter inside. Time to clear things out - and up! - a little!

      Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Gabriella I underatand what you are meaning!

    a big hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura - of course you understand! You always do. And I thank you. Sending you my love.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you are having trouble getting accurate color when shooting....but I have to say, I'm comforted to hear it!!! Why it is so blasted impossible I don't know! Happy Spring clearance of artwork and all cobwebs in the psyche....cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, I had you in mind as I was complaining about struggling with accurate documentation of product! Hopefully enough of the quality and character of the work comes through even with lousy color, and if there are any discrepancies, the buyer will be pleasantly surprised that the real thing is BETTER in person!

    Thanks for stopping by - I hardly deserve such loyalty when my own blog visits have been so few and far between lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TT/G - hope the spring sale is progressing well - always good to have a couple of reminders of our work but as you say also good to have the space, energy and cash to move on. I can understand why the cat is sitting at the window mesmerised - looking out at new fallen snow or new buds of green are quite meditative - I think cats do it well. Go well - thinking of you and B. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello B - you are never far from our thoughts - especially as I include photos here of scenes you know so personally and well! Cats really are masters at window-gazing. Little P can perch for hours on that table intently watching I don't know what. When I go to ask her I end up joining her and become equally mesmerized and forget the question!

      Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. Looking at your calendar every morning, to remind me my "important appointments", ha!, I am thinking of you!! In almost every day is a reminder what I am going to pay, another ha!
    Wish you a very nice time of spring!

    Hugs as always from me!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monika it makes me smile to think of you looking at my calendar every day! I hope all is well with you this spring! Are you Aries? Is there a birthday coming soon for you?

      Delete
  7. Hi G/TT - like Patti I am naughtily relieved that I am not alone with my weird colour shots. It is frustrating - but as I said to her and you have said - the real thing is always better and the photos can't do it justice! I love Little P's gaze and your response re joining her and forgetting the question! Very soothing I think. I hope you can move some of the stuff along - new homes, new horizons; a de-clutter does unclutter the mind I find. Go well - enjoy Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi F - In fact, I just had the proof of my claim - I sent off a scarf to B's mother, whose only knowledge of it was through the not-so-accurate images on Etsy - and it was one of those instances when the true color was a pleasant surprise, beyond her expectations!

      This home, as you well know, seems to have been constructed by someone who understood the art and necessity of window-gazing! Perhaps the architect was part cat - I know I am!

      All the best to you.

      Delete
  8. Well, how could you guess my dear friend?
    You are amazing.
    Yes, I am Aries (April the 14th)..
    Hugs !! and Kisses !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, sometimes you gotta do a little shameless self-promotion... if you don't promote yourself, who will?

    Beautiful photos of the bicycle - some great shots in there! I love it! And the colors in that scarf are so gorgeous... "Every Kind of Night Sky" is a great name for a scarf of that color. :)

    I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phoenix! I'm glad you like the bikes and the scarf. I've been doing a lot of window gazing living here - can't help it, even passing through a room provides an instant slide show! - and one of the coolest things is seeing the changing colors of the night sky. As I was working with the scarf I realized I was putting together colors that had that same sense of variation within one color scheme or theme and the thing kind of named itself!

      Hope your week is going well.

      Delete