Thursday, October 20, 2011

On the Move

On the Move

As further evidence of just how busy life has become, here I am more than a week after my last post once again apologizing in advance for brevity.  I’ll also soon be sending out my Two Tigers Newsletter to those of you on my mailing list. If you would like to receive these occasional email messages, you can add your address in the box at the top of the column at right. A second apology goes out to any of you who receive news from me from multiple sources and will be experiencing some serious déjà vu this week! 

 Home

Since last I wrote, Brian and I took another trip up north to the Green Mountain State, where we viewed a beautiful apartment occupying the second floor of an old Victorian house.  One day later we learned that our application had been accepted and that this will indeed be our new home as of December 1st. That gives us exactly 6 weeks to dismantle what it has taken 10 years to build up here in Somerville, transfer it to a new location almost 200 miles away, and begin to establish what I hope will be an existence much improved in terms of the benefits to mind body and spirit. 

 The Peacock


 Toast & Jam

Meantime, I’ve been crocheting. A lot. In moving cars, in between list making, phone calls and other communications, in fact almost every spare minute when I am not eating or sleeping. The two pieces above are now listed in my etsy shop and will also be among those offered for sale at my final two events here in Somerville. On October 29th I will be at the Burren in Davis Square, and on November 5th and 6th I will be part of the Vernon Street Open Studios event, selling my fiber creations, books and calendars out of studio 6a on the second floor of 6 Vernon Street. In case you can’t come in person to these upcoming events or live too far away, most of my photographic works will remain available on this site and I am always happy to do custom work. Also, if you do not have or wish to create a special account for purchasing my scarves and wrist warmers on the Etsy site, I would be happy to arrange a direct purchase using Paypal or work out some other arrangement.

 Unhesitating Generosity

That’s all for now. Next week I may have some Vermont photographs to share, and you will understand exactly why I am moving there! Thanks to all of you for the inspiration and friendship you continue to provide, with such unhesitating generosity. I honestly could not be where I am today and will be tomorrow without you.
  

14 comments:

  1. I love the file name for your Victorian image: “home.” For what it’s worth, I have a really good feeling about your move, as if you’re opening a new door at just the right time. It’s much the same feeling I have when paging through your books, or holding your beautiful dragonfly scarf. All the best to you, Gabriella, and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't often I opt for the uncomplicated in assigning titles to my images, but in this instance, one word sufficed, quiet, simple and apt. Perhaps a sign of things to come? For what it's worth, you say? William, my friend, your good feeling means everything, and your putting it in writing will surely hold the universe to its promise. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Love the place. Looks gorgeous!The best to you and Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Luis! It's going to be a crazy busy time betweeen now and then but I am really looking forward to being in full occupancy of our new place! Guess I can't be an urban photographer anymore! All the best to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new home looks just that. Quirky and welcoming. Essential for the woman I am growing to know. I hope all goes well in this manic time - and I am sending lots of positive wishes your way. (And I am in lust over your crochet pieces.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much EC! You know me all too well, it seems! Consider positive vibes received. And I've conveyed your compliments to my crochet pieces who will now be insufferable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand you will be very busy the next weeks, the house looks inviting and beautiful.
    Living there will make quite a change and i wish it to bring you many delights for body and soul, i'm pretty sure it will.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Renilde - I don't mind being busy when it is clearly a labor of love! This is going to be a good change, one I have dreamed of for many years and now is the right time, everything falling into place to make it happen! Your good wishes mean the world to me. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful old house! I've only seen pictures of Vermont but it looks like a great place. I have a pipe dream to move to the neighboring state of New Hampshire but as of now it's just a dream. Good luck with your move and I hope to see Vermont pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh me oh mi! What a delightful place to be calling home; it speaks so gently and happily across the miles! Thrilled for you both and hope the crazy-busy times fly past and the world settles into a new rhythm and pattern for you in Vermont. Special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. James, I hope you do make the New Hampshire dream a reality. It is a beautiful state also, and has the advantage over Vermont that you can have the best of both worlds - mountains/forests AND beaches/coastline (even though it's the shortest in the U.S.) Thanks for the good wishes and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fiona - isn't it delightful? A beautiful house and a beautiful home in beautiful surroundings - which three things at the same time not many living spaces can claim. I cannot wait to emerge out the other side of the next several busy weeks and find myself happily blogging in what I'm sure will quickly become a familiar and happy setting. All the best to you and B!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new home! What a beautiful place. And I really like the way you used color in the two crocheted pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  14. JMG - Thanks so much! Moving day is less than 3 weeks away now and I can't wait. It's funny how I now shoot almost exclusively b & w, but when it comes to fiber I'm crazy about color! Best of both worlds...

    ReplyDelete